Why You Should Be a Member of TCADP!
Momentum clearly has shifted in the direction of abolition. This year, several states are poised to pass repeal legislation and in November, 5 million Californians voted for a ballot initiative to replace the death penalty. Efforts here in Texas also are focused on creating the climate for change among elected officials and the public at large. Progress is already underway, as executions decline and new death sentences remain at historic low levels.
TCADP is the only statewide, grassroots membership organization that is working exclusively to end the death penalty in Texas. We are depending on you to help us increase the strength and capacity of our movement. Please become a member today and support TCADP with a generous, tax-deductible contribution!
You can become a member of TCADP with your credit card or e-check by clicking the button below, or sending a check or money order (made out to “TCADP”), along with your membership form, to: TCADP; 2709 S. Lamar; Austin, Texas 78704.
We encourage you to consider becoming a Sustaining Member. Avoid the hassle of dues renewal notices by signing up for a Sustaining Membership at the Student, Individual, Household, or Organizational Level. This option will automatically renew your membership (through your credit card or checking account) each year on a date you choose.
Save a stamp! Save paper! Save time! Become a Sustaining Member today! Sign up online.
As a TCADP member, you will receive:
- A New Member Packet, which includes the latest information about the death penalty and a free bumper sticker
- TCADP’s quarterly newsletter (by mail, email, or both)
- A discounted annual conference registration fee
The following initiatives aimed at building capacity, community, and coalition would not be possible without the faithful financial support of TCADP members:
- Community Activist Trainings throughout Texas
- TCADP 2013 Annual Conference, held in Austin. (2014 Annual Conference to be held in Fort Worth - learn more!)
- Co-sponsorship of events featuring such notable speakers as Sister Helen Prejean and Reverend Carroll Pickett, and exonorees Anthony Graves and Juan Melendez
- Outreach to non-traditional allies through tabling at statewide conferences
With your support, TCADP is creating an unstoppable movement that will resonate throughout the state and into the legislative chambers of our Capitol. All donations to TCADP are tax deductible. Thank you!